The complainant and the alleged perpetrator will be notified in writing of the outcome of the complaint. When considering sanctions the committee will consider whether the sanction will: (a) bring an end to the violation in question, (b) reasonably prevent a recurrence of a similar violation, and (c) remedy the effects of the violation on the complainant and the school community. The following represent the range of sanctions. Possible sanctions are not limited to those listed below. Sanctions may be combined.
- Counseling – Students may be required to attend counseling. If mandated to attend counseling, the student will be responsible for any costs.
- Disciplinary – Students will be placed on probabtion for a specific period of time. During this time if there are additional violations they may be dismissed from school.
- Formal Apology – A written statement in which the student reflects and apologizes for their behavior.
- Education – Students may be required to participate in an educational program or experience.
- No-Contact Order – A directive that mandates a student not to contact another student. A no-contact order includes contact, including in person, via e-mail, telephone, text messaging, Facebook or any other method of electronic or direct communication. The order also includes third parties acting on the person’s behalf. It warns the student that any contact could be considered a violation of school policy.
- Suspension – The student may be excluded from participation in any academic or other activities of the school for a specified period. Students who have been suspended from the school forfeit all school fees, are withdrawn from school courses contingent on the academic calendar ( if after the withdrawal date, students receive F grades), and are not permitted on campus or at school sponsored events without the permission of the school Director. Students who are suspended are permitted to reapply to the school as long as they fulfill all requirements of the suspension.
- Expulsion – Expulsion is permanent exclusion of the school. Students who have been expelled forfeit all school fees, are withdrawn from school courses contingent on the academic calendar (if after the withdrawal date, students receive F grades), and are not permitted on campus without the permission of the school Director. Students who are expelled are not permitted to reapply at the school.